Air Ministry Oak Bedside Table
An oak Air Ministry issue side table or nightstand, in perfect original condition and stamped with a crown and the initials A M. English, c.1940s.
The Air Ministry was a department of the Government of the United Kingdom with the responsibility of managing the affairs of the Royal Air Force, that existed from 1918 to 1964. The department was predominantly based in Adastral House in Kingsway, where this useful little table would have probably resided. In 1952 the central part of the Air Ministry moved to the new building in Whitehall Gardens that was later to become the Main Building of the Ministry of Defence.