Photography is absolutely integral at HOWE. As well as being the main way in which we present our stock it is also a vital window into what we do, our ethos and Brand. This is an exciting, brand new role created to meet the demands of our expanding antique and Made by Howe collections as well as the ever-increasing need for digital content. We are looking for a helpful, organised and creative graduate to join our team, assisting our in-house photographer, Miguel. The main objective this role will be to help create, process and organise beautiful product and interior images in our unique style, assisting with everything from the planning and styling of shoots to the meticulous selection, editing and organisation of the resulting imagery and up keep of our extensive image archive.
– To process, label, organise and file all images in our photography archive
– To upload product images to the website at the correct resolution
– Assist our head photographer with the set up of product and interiors shoots, including the moving, and styling of furniture, lighting and textiles
– Assist with the set up of lighting and equipment
– Assist Miguel with videography of products and occasionally events
– Manage the photography of lower value pieces at Howe
– Maintain the product photography list according to priority and varying requirements
– Capturing and selecting images for Instagram
– Dynamic documentary photography of the team, people and food at our Howe events and lunches
– Assisting with the photography and videography of craftsmanship in our warehouse and occasionally off-site at other workshops around England
– A good technical knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom is a must
– A good natural eye as well as a strong interest and ambition to learn how to arrange and style shots
– Experience in a studio environment using artificial lighting would be useful but not essential
– The ability to help physically move pieces around the shop and warehouse
– Strong organisational and administration skills
– Excellent communication in order to work with multiple departments in order to maintain the product photography list according to priority and varying requirements
The position will be 3 days a week, based predominantly between our Pimlico Road Showroom and Battersea Warehouse.
To apply for this role email your CV and cover letter to Holly Howe, firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Photography Assistant’ in the subject line. Please include a portfolio of relevant work rather than a general link to your website or social media account.