AN IMPRESSIVE FINE GEORGE IV OAK HALL BENCH
A powerful George IV oak hall bench, of tremendous scale, from Glanusk Park, Crickhowell, Wales, the impressive scrolling serpentine backrest having a raised and stepped curved top rail above relief carved lappets (lotus leaf) and scroll carved ends framing a heraldic gryphon (the arms of the Legge Bourke family, who own Glanusk Park) painted to the centre, the rectangular seat with a step-moulded edge raised on five bold legs, knopped and waisted above a tapering octagonal section terminating in bun feet. In fabulous original condition. England, circa 1825.
DimensionsMax Height: 1020mm / 40''
Length: 2430mm / 95¾''
Depth: 480mm / 19''