Early C20th Naval Copper Lantern
An early 20th Century Arts & Crafts hanging lantern, crafted from copper taken from the HMS Britannia 1869 – 1905 when it was dismantled in 1916, having a vented circular domed top, with a hexagonal body of six panels of old wavy glass held by copper lattice frame, with a candle fitting (currently not wired for electricity). Stamped to the base, ‘MADE WITH OLD COPPER TAKEN FROM HMS BRITANNIA CADET TRAINING SHIP AT DARTMOUTH 1869-1905’
DimensionsHeight: 500mm / 19 ¾"
Max Width: 300mm / 12"