William IV ‘Hinks Duplex Patented’ Oil Lamp
A William IV ‘Hinks Duplex Patented’ oil lamp, now converted to electricity. In the most fantastic bright cerulean blue, the brass gallery with a pierced greek key decoration, emerging from a decorative brass tripod base, with lotus leaf and scrolled feet. English, circa 1830
Joseph Hinks was a British inventor, working in Birmingham. He patented improvements to oil lamps, marketing the resultant Duplex lamp.
DimensionsBase Diameter: 200mm / 7¾”
Height: 640mm / 25¼"