Antiques Assistant, Maternity Leave Cover
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident, resourceful and experienced sales person with a passion for furniture and antiques to join our retail showroom team. This full-time, client facing role will primarily involve helping our clients identify and purchase antiques, overseeing the entire sales process, from initial interest to delivery – including invoicing, taking payment, ensuring great customer service and that products are delivered correctly to the clients.
In addition you will be responsible for the scrupulous upkeep of our inventory system, assisting with the organisation of restoration, researching and writing antique descriptions for the website and creating content for our Instagram account to promote the latest antique arrivals. We would also anticipate some study of antique furniture and objects as well as awareness of sales trends so that you can assist Christopher with sourcing.
The position will be based largely at our Pimlico Showroom, but also from time to time at our Battersea Warehouse, reporting directly to Christopher Howe who will support and guide your management of the showroom gallery, relationships with clients and and support you with cataloging stock. You will also work closely with Kitty (Senior Antiques Assistant), Sophie (Cataloguer), James (Visual Merchandising) and Benjamin (Warehouse Assistant).
– Providing an excellent sales service
– Maintaining and growing customer relationships
– Managing client orders from initial enquiry to end delivery and follow up
– Assisting with delivery logistics
– Managing antique stock, always keeping our inventory system up to date
– Promoting and managing client visits to our Battersea Warehouse
– Assisting as necessary with descriptions for our website
– Assisting with content for our Instagram account
– Working with the team to achieve sales targets
– Assisting with the organisation of restoration
– Maintaining a proactive awareness of competitors and sales trends
– Assisting Christopher with sourcing
– Opening and closing of the store
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Educated to Degree level or appropriate experience at an auction house or with a dealer
– Interest and knowledge (both academic and commercial) of antique furniture and accessories
– Great organisation and administration skills
– Strong aesthetic eye
– Good at communicating and engaging with new people
– Proficient computer skills, preferably Mac based
– Some antiques sales experience
– Excellent writing skills
– Copious amounts of common sense
Start date 1st March, with interviews taking place as soon as possible.
Please apply with your CV and cover ltter to email@example.com, stating Antiques Assistant Role clearly in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.