FABRIC SALES & SAMPLING COORDINATOR
We currently have TWO job opportunities at Howe at 36 Bourne Street, our leather and fabric department!
Based between our 3 locations – the Pimlico road showroom, Battersea warehouse and Camberwell studio these roles will be largely sales based, requiring a proactive, articulate and confident character to talk clients though our fabric, leather and wallpaper collections. The unique nature of our fabrics and leather mean sales are generally very hands on with the need to guide clients through material suitability and selection, often a really creative process thanks to our wonderfully adventurous and inventive clients. Organisation and communication are key for the smooth running of orders through from sale, to invoicing, to shipping.
A happy and close knit sub team of 4 (within the larger Howe team of around 20 people) with varying levels of experience, knowledge and different strengths, we all work closely together, helping each other with all aspects of the day to day running, meaning there will always be something new to learn and experience. We don’t suit short term team members as there is so much to learn, so you generally don’t get into the real swing of things until you’ve had a least a year with us. Please do not apply if you want a quick stepping-stone job.
– Front of house, assisting clients with enquiries
– Building up an extensive knowledge of our fabric/leather/trimmings/wallpeper ranges to confidently promote to clients
– Responding to email enquiries
– Dealing with post sales administration such as invoicing and shipping
– Assisting clients with more complex orders, choosing fabric/leather to work with (sometimes complex) CAD/plan drawings for commercial projects
– Maintaining Xero (cloud based accounts system)
– Occasionally assisting with the production and distribution of samples
– Building up a good understanding of traditional furniture upholstery, techniques and detailing
– Proactively maintaining a fantastic, current knowledge of the best/most active interior design studios in the UK and USA
– Drivers licence
– Confident Apple Mac user
– An affinity with fabrics, leather, wallpaper and trim, and an interest in the world of interior design and furniture
– Neat hand writing
– Happy to climb small step ladders, lift rolls of fabric, pack boxes. Willing to dig in on all the physical tasks on a daily basis, when necessary
– An unflappable and calm demeanour, capable of being patient, friendly and fair with all clients, no matter the circumstances
– Neat, organised and naturally writes things down rather than trying to remember everything
– Being a do-er; you get stuff done, then move onto the next task
– Practical, quick thinker, and smart
– In your own unique and individual style, being presentable and setting a great impression to our customers at all times
– Having the willingness to listen and adapt to our way of doing things and the confidence to ask a lot of questions
– Patient enough to work at your own unique pace that means work is carefully and accurate executed. Our customers expect things to be correct first time
– Finally, we have 5 office dogs so liking dogs is a must!
– 4 or 5 days/week within Monday to Friday, depending on your preference, 9am – 6pm
– 1 Saturday/month, gaining a day in lieu in the same calendar week
– Pay dependant on individual skills and experience
We encourage candidates from all walks of life, backgrounds, music tastes, and experience to apply! We welcome school leavers right through to seniors
A visit to our shops and Camberwell studio is a must prior to applying. If visiting the Camberwell studio, please call ahead on the day to check we are in. No appointment is needed for the shop visits.
To apply for these positions please send your CV and detailed cover letter with your application to Joanne, firstname.lastname@example.org