HOWE HOME CO-ORDINATOR
We are looking for a highly organised, practical and logical individual to become part of the Made by Howe team. This full-time role will be responsible for day-to-day running of the Howe Home range, managing the stock from its arrival with us from the workshops, ensuring the highest quality of product, and client sales experience. This is a great opportunity to take forward a fast growing, standalone part of the Made by Howe business.
The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail and a proactive mind-set, with a strong interest in furniture making and craftsmanship. They must have a meticulous approach to ensure all pieces are produced to the very highest standard, constantly reviewing the process and quality, whilst being on a mission to improve it.
This role offers the unique chance to learn from the industry’s finest craftspeople as well as Christopher himself – positioned within the Made by Howe Orders team, reporting to Holly (Head of Howe Home) and Jack (Head of Manufactured Furniture). The role will be based at our hub in the Howe Battersea warehouse.
Previous experience in the furniture industry would be useful (though not a requirement) however a genuine desire to learn and be part of the furniture making process is essential. As the business continues to grow there will be ample opportunity to grow your skills and leave your mark.
Sales and Production Co-ordination
– Answering enquiries for Howe Home products quickly, efficiently and knowledgably.
– Processing sales from start to finish, including providing assistance specifications and any bespoke requests.
– Developing good client relationships.
– Quality checking all products and checking they are branded ahead of dispatch to clients.
– Managing internal (Battersea) production and finishing, working with our internal technicians to add branding, apply finishes and sort out small issues that might arise and can be fixed in-house.
– Overseeing the packing and dispatch of orders, which will predominantly be carried out by a member of the warehouse team, ensuring this process is as streamlined as possible.
– Managing and minimising the need for returns.
– Maintaining a knowledge of all stock levels and working with the Howe – – – Home team to make sure all pieces are stocked correctly in Workhorse and re-ordered at the right time to balance with sales volume and storage.
– Identifying potential bottlenecks in workload ahead of time and working to reduce them.
– Analysis and reporting of Howe Home sales to direct future marketing and product development.
– Inputting customer feedback into the development of new products.
– Ensuring the website/marketing provides as much information as possible to minimise client questions.
– General production support ie. reordering, queries, samples, branding etc.
– Backup for other members of the warehouse team, notably those who carry out Howe Home tasks. Support other Orders team members where required.
– Ensure that Howe Home products are carefully and thoughtfully presented in the warehouse.
– Managing the introduction of e-commerce.
– Carry out and record quality checks on batches of manufactured items.
– Look out for potential problems and pre-empt issues during production, post production and delivery and work closely with the team to resolve.
– Help build quality into new products.
– Monitor the costs relating to delivery and identify where shipping costs (particulary international) might be off-putting to clients and work on ways to improve on this including working with Adam to develop safer and more efficient packaging.
– Maintain a good awareness of competitor pricing in order to identify where our products might be too expensive/inexpensive.
– A high level of organisation and ability to manage a large number of orders simultaneously.
– A logical and methodical mindset, who can introduce real-world processes.
– A diligent and precise team member who has the ability to be able to communicate detailed information with both customers and workshops in writing and verbally.
– Quality obsessed and able to see problems before they occur, with a systematic approach and ability to identify robust solutions to problems.
– An interest in craft furniture with a practical understanding of how things work and are made.
– Competent computer skills are essential (we run on Apple Mac).
– A calm and level-headed approach is essential, together with copious amounts of common sense.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a detailed cover letter with your application to email@example.com