Made By Howe Internship
We are looking for a highly organised and dynamic intern to join our Made by Howe team, supporting both the sales and manufacturing sides of the business. This is a full-time position, based in our Battersea warehouse at the heart of the action, where you will gain a breadth of knowledge and understanding of both traditional and modern methods of furniture making and you can immerse yourself with hundreds of pieces of antique and modern furniture – perfectly suited to someone starting out in the industry.
You will benefit from a high level of exposure to Christopher, who is very generous with his time, as well as a wonderful selection of incredible craftspeople, so there will be ample to absorb.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team with a lovely group atmosphere and lots of potential. The position is available from June and all lengths of internship over three months will be considered. The internship also has the potential to transition into a permanent role within the Howe team.
– Competently answering customer enquiries and helping place orders.
– Providing order completion updates to clients.
– Ensuring key spec details are ready for each order.
– Helping with design work.
– Managing client fabric samples and rolls.
– Ensuring fire safety checks are in place and organising where they are not.
– Managing wood samples and sending them out to clients.
– Assisting with quality checks.
– Keeping MbH items tidy and organised in the warehouse. Helping with general warehouse tidies.
– Ensuring furniture is clean and protected for delivery.
– Generally supporting the sales and manufacturing departments in an ad hoc way.
– Energetic and self-motivated. An ability to use their initiative to identify tasks and a proactive mindset to get them done.
– A genuine love of furniture, and an appreciation of and passion for beautifully crafted products.
– A multi-tasker who can manage and prioritise tasks.
– An eye for detail and believes in being accurate.
– Strong communication and being able to work within the Howe team and the confidence to deal with clients.
– Calm and level-headed approach is essential, together with copious amounts of common sense. Punctuality and practicality are always key at HOWE.
Please send CV with covering letter to email@example.com with ‘Made by Howe Internship’ clearly in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.