We are looking for a moderate to highly experienced and enthusiastic traditional upholsterer who would like to work exclusively on the production of two or three of Howe London’s best selling pieces.
While experience is essential, this role offers the valuable opportunity to work with or under the mentorship of one of the most skilled craftsmen in the business for a company that favours quality above all. We don’t as a rule use modern or synthetic materials so a good basic appreciation of traditional upholstery and materials is important, we’re quite happy to teach you the finer points if necessary.
– While we do frequently restore and reupholster antiques, you will be primarily responsible for the traditional upholstery of new frames from start to finish
– Ordering and maintaining supply upholstery materials and tools
– Calculating fabric quantity for bespoke orders
– Maintaining a good line of communication with the London based orders team
– Fastidious quality control
– You have a strong appreciation of traditional upholstery
– You are keen to learn and work with challenging materials such as antique sail cloth or goatskin leather
– You have a good attention to detail and a flair for creative problem solving
– You have a proven track record of successfully completing tasks to a high standard and on deadline
– You are organised and work methodically but are comfortable working under pressure and unflappable in the face of unforeseen priorities
– You are personable, organised and proactive
To apply for this role please send your CV and a detailed cover letter with your application
Contact Diana Bellew at email@example.com